10 June 2008

Family Vacation



Hey Folks,

Greetings from the northwest, land of rain, clouds and naps, I took a 2 hour nap today; vivid dreams and drooling. I think that's considered a good nap. My dad, brother and sister were out to visit me this weekend! It was a last minute, long weekend trip.



Finally, I got to go hiking on the Olympic Peninsula. We took the Kingston Ferry over. It was my car's maiden voyage on a ferry. We all enjoyed the ferry ride. After exiting the ferry on the other side of the Sound, we drove another hour or so till we reached the Olympic National Forest and the summit of the Mt. Zion trail.



The next day, on Sunday, we hung out in the city; visiting the U-district. The MFA show for the University of Washington was on display at the Henry Art Gallery. Some amazing installation work was displayed there.





Among many other places, I took them to Gasworks Park, where Maggie and I rolled down the hill and got grass all over ourselves. Wheeee, I was laughing so hard, like a child.

No comments: