16 December 2008

Snow Days


Seasons Greetings from Seattle!

It is snowing and cold here! Today we reached a high of 30F, a very cold day for Seattle.

Yesterday and today I had snow days from school! The first ever in my life! Living in Chicago, they wouldn't even cancel school at 2 feet of snow. Here in Seattle, only a few inches of snow are necessary to shut down the schools. I don't think Seattle owns snowplows or salt for the roads, so they are still icy, which makes going down steep hills very dangerous.


There has been abundant sunshine, which is awesome, so I decided to attempt sledding yesterday with my friend Stephanie. We basically scooted down the hill. I bet after tonight's snow, we'll have better sledding. They don't even sell sleds here, so I was using the round plastic cover to the garbage can. It kind of works like a saucer sled.


It's been so fun to bundle up in the many winter clothes and leg warmers I own. Cold, frosty, crisp winter weather is fun when it doesn't last for 4 months. I think 4 weeks of this weather would be great.
Some of the most beautiful creations happen when ice freezes over the living green grass.

3-5 inches of snow are predicted for tonight! I am excited. I missed the snow.

No comments: