14 February 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

First and foremost;
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.

I hope you are eating chocolate/smelling beautiful flowers/singing sappy love songs or just spending time with people you love.

Greetings from the pacific northwest town of Seattle.
Including today, I have spent 31 days in this lush, green, moist climate and I must report on my findings.

18 days of partial/full sunshine! Yes EIGHTEEN!
58% of my days in Seattle thusfar have had sunshine....wierd.

I guess they(everyone who ever warned me) were wrong.
I have heard before, and believe it now;
the people who live here are trying to keep others out by telling them of constant overcast skies and gloomy weather.
I plan to continue recording the sunshine/lack thereof.

In other news, I am enjoying my new life in Seattle, working, making paintings, and playing music. My roomates have instruments that they don't know how to play, so I get to play them! Banjo, mandolin and guitar. I will soon teach them, so we can jam together.

Tommorrow I plan on recommitting to my running schedule. I had to take a break last week, becuase of an injury. My leg fell asleep, I stood up on it and fell over. I felt like an old lady.

When muscles fall asleep, legs cannot stand.(my words of wisdom!)

Muscles and heart stay awake, there is more to come...

No comments: