06 April 2008

Easter Sunday on Waikiki

I was the first to wake this morning, around 6:30am. It's enjoyable to wake up so early in Hawaii because you have more sunlight to do things, and I didn't want to miss a single ray. Kapiolani Park is this large park at the end of the Waikiki strip. Every other morning I went running along the shore towards Diamond head, turned toward the residential areas and then ran around this park. It's a beautifully shaded park with meandering pathways.

After the run, we all met Tony, Maria and Archie at the Waikiki beach to go surfing and sit in the sun. Brendan took me out surfing. I could actually catch some of the waves myself. I am more afraid of running into other surfers than flipping over with my board. Maria and I tried to ride the same wave in next to each other and ended up crashing into each other instead. Collisions are fun when they are not fatal.


For our Easter lunch we had whoppers from Burger King and slushies too! After the boys went back to the hotel, I took some pictures of Maggie standing on the breaker(see below).

No comments: