14 April 2008

Mahalo Honolulu


I went running around Kapiolani park before surfing with the kids at Waikiki. I used the shorter board. I caught three waves, the last of them on my own. Peter and I rode this AWESOME wave in. I can't believe he road it all the way in on a body board. Hurrying, I went back to the hotel, packed my stuff and got ready. Mom and Maggie drove me to the airport, so I could catch my midday flight to The Big Island. Wearing minimal clothing and carrying everything in a backpack, I said goodbye to my family. We had such a wonderful time together, and one of the best vacations that I can remember.


3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Brigid,
A most excellent and colorful description of your adventure in Hawaii. What a change in scenery and feel from the PNW coast(!). And the image of you guys speaking German as you climbed trails in the more remote Hawaiian islands is cool. ;)

Darren Darsey said...

Wow, sounds like an most excellent vacation! Now I want to go too.

Welcome back.