24 January 2008

The Emerald City


So, since I've been back from Portland, there has been nothing but sunshine, 5 beautiful, crisp, cold days. I have been taking advantage of my time off. I go running every other morning, there are two great parks nearby with gravel running paths. It's great not to have to wear layers upon layers to go out for a run. Everyday it gets up to about 45 degrees.





I have been exploring the city on foot the last few days. Walking is great excercise in a city with extremely steep hills. I haven't even used the bus system yet, I'd rather walk, I believe you see more when you walk.


On Tuesday, because it was a clear day, I decided to go up in the Space Needle. I wanted to remind myself of the mountains in the horizon. To the west are the Olympic Mountains, to the east the Cascade Range and Mount Ranier. Ships and water are abundant in Puget Sound area.

The day after going atop the Space Needle, the weather was gorgeous, so I decided to do some more really touristy things. I took a one hour boat tour. The tour guide tried to explain as much of Seattle's history as she could in 60 minutes. I was interested in getting the best possible photos while riding on the boat. I was also glad to have layers of clothing on, becuase it became quite chilly out on the boat with the wind in my face.


(my secret spy look)

(the tugboat is pulling the barge!)

(California sea lions)

I though the colors were absolutely gorgeous.

No comments: