09 January 2008

Wallace-Coer d'Alene, ID


Welcome to snow covered Idaho.



I have almost driven through the pan-handle of this state.



The state fruit is the Huckleberry. I am drinking Huckleberry Ale at the Coeur d'Alene Brewing Company.


I think I have seen more evergreens today than I will see the rest of my life! Maybe I'm wrong, I still have more mountains to drive through tommorrow.





Wallace is an old mining town. I originally stopped there to see the Molly b'damned, a motel on the outskirts of the town. It is a motel themed around the most famous prostitutes of the area during mining times. Each room is named after a different woman of the night.






I found these neat antique/taxidermy shops on Main street.








With one hour of daylight left, I decided to head out of Wallace towards Coer d'Alene. I found a place to stay on the main street, not more than a half a mile from the lake. YES! There is a huge lake here, and it's beautiful. There's actually enough wind to make small waves. This evening I have been walking around the town taking pictures. The snow is deep and heavy, but I enjoy traipsing through it. It beats driving.



That's my new car, parked.



Much love from the winter wonderland.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Cool photos--especially of the taxidermy shops and the motel! It's making me want to travel out West. Been to many continents but have never seen anything between Omaha, Nebraska and Los Angeles. Your free spirit and gumption in the face of the cold, snow and ice are inspiring!--Elizabeth