11 January 2008

Less than 125 miles outside of Seattle



The highway is great when it’s open. I am less than 125 miles outside of Seattle, and have been sitting behind a hay truck for almost two hours, waiting for interstate 90 to reopen. The Snuggle pass has been closed due to hazardous weather conditions; avalanches of snow and rain. I want to drive, I am so close. I guess they were right. But it still seems ridiculous that the interstate is closed. All these cars and trucks must pull of the interstate. There are lines of cars parked along the sides of another road. Everyone just walking about, sleeping or smoking. I wish I had that book I was reading. Forgetful as I am, I left it in Core’dAlene at the motel. This highway better reopen soon. So many people are waiting.


I hear this on the radio: “A winter travel advisory for I90 across Snoqualmie pass as of 2:24 this afternoon, the temperature in the mid 20’s...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Brigid. Snoqualmie Pass is very cool. In fact, they filmed Twin Peaks at Snoqualmie Falls. So if you haven't already passed it, check it out. Very atmospheric location. Deep gorges, shrouded in mist.

Keep on movin'